DAY 4-tsunami warning

We had a tsunami warning this morning !


There were three earthquakes that struck off New Zealand 7.3, 7.4, 8.1.
The New Zealand seismology issued a tsunami warning following a 8.1 magnitude earthquake which occurred at 8:28am. There was a tsunami warning for Australia, Fiji, Samoa, NZ and Hawaii. Pretty much the whole Pacific.
I phoned my mother this morning two minutes after the first earthquake struck. So, my mom followed up and checked with the Fiji Seismology.
I phoned the reception here at the hotel this morning to see if they had heard anything and it turned out they didn’t and were quite shocked. So, it was a good thing I phoned and informed them. I hastily packed a grab bag, tried to stash my laptop as high as possible...such a worry pot 🥴 Thanks for helping out with the travel plug @michelle.philp . I was so happy that I could charge my phone and laptop again.

Fortunately the tsunami warning was lifted and no fatalities or destruction occurred .

So, there was quite a lot of excitement today.

A nurse came by this morning and I did a Covid test , should get the results tomorrow. If the results come back negative , which I am sure it will, then I can leave the room and go outside and get some fresh air an hour a day.

I had a lovely surprise this afternoon. There was a knock on my door and the military brought a box with so many nice goodies and snacks and a parcel with deli meats, brie cheese! My amazing mother @ronellefiji dropped off some yummy snacks off at the reception. Unfortunately could not see her , but it was a lovely surprise. 🥰☺️

We get temperature checks everyday . There is a nurse and military officer that go to each room and check everyones temperature ....I think my hotel is quite full.

After a workout in the room it was great to open the door to a pizza outside my door. Lunch was great ☺️

Of course dinner was spoilt because I over indulged on my goodie box. 🤭😋

So...that was day 4




Comments

Popular Posts